Over at the management exchange, Management 2.0 super-hero and hypertextual darling Gary Hamel has compiled a list of 12 work relevant characteristics for the Facebook Generation.
This is a highly recommend read which echoes hypertextual 10 principles of Enterprise 2.0 and Digital Natives Vs Corporate BS.
Here are the 12 characteristics. For the details, see the original post …
1. All ideas compete on an equal footing.
2. Contribution counts for more than credentials.
3. Hierarchies are natural, not prescribed.
4. Leaders serve rather than preside.
5. Tasks are chosen, not assigned.
6. Groups are self-defining and self-organizing.
7. Resources get attracted, not allocated.
8. Power comes from sharing information, not hoarding it.
9. Opinions compound and decisions are peer-reviewed.
10. Users can veto most policy decisions.
11. Intrinsic rewards matter most.
12. Hackers are heroes.
Read the full details in the original post.